President and CEO, The O'Neill
Leadership and Entrepreneurialism
In 1978, Terry R. O’Neill founded The O’Neill Company. Since then he has served as president and CEO of this consulting Firm. The O’Neill Company specializes in employee benefit planning, executive benefit planning, and business succession planning for organizations, as well as financial, estate, and retirement planning for individuals. The O’Neill Company deploys an integrated approach that is client focused, not product driven and draws heavily on financial and economic theories. The Firm employs “Financial and Econometric Science" that has been developed in the last 38 years, in addition to having a high comfort level interacting with some of the world’s most interesting and influential people. Mr. O’Neill is also the founder of the Institute for the Study of Global Economics and Finance (ISEF), 501(c)(3), which has an emphasis on engineering the development of global economic and financial literacy.
Boards, Councils, and Advisory Appointments
• Nominated to Serve as an Adviser to the Federal Open Market
• Member, Planned Giving Advisory Board, University of California
at Irvine, 2004-2007
• Advisor to The Small Business Council of America, 2003-present
• Associate Adviser and Member to the Milken Institute, a non-partisan
economic think tank, 2000-present
• Advised three California governors and several state legislators
on business and economic issues
• Member, Advisory Council, General American/MetLife, 1996-2002;
• Member, Advisory Council, Asuza Pacific University Business
• Served on numerous committees of financial services professionals
that advised Congress and the U.S. Treasury on employee and executive
benefit plans, 1996-2005
• Board member, Association for Advanced Life Underwriting, 1996-1998
• Board member, The International Forum, 1989-1995, 2003; President,
• Board member, The Roundtable, 1993-1994
• Global Economic Think Tank Associate, 2000-2012
• Roubini Global Economics, 2011-present
The Life Insurance Kit, a consumer guide, Dearborn Financial Publishing,
Articles on financial topics in Employee Benefit Plan Review, Financial
Services Week, Leaders Magazine, Life Association News, The National
Underwriter, San Diego Commerce, Solutions, and Workforce.com.
• Frequently a guest expert on economic, business and financial topics on Southern California television and radio, including The Business Channel, Time Warner, Eye On Business, etc.
• Profiled in Leadership Magazine and Orange County Register
• Regularly speaks on financial innovation, retirement planning,
health care benefits and planning, employee and executive benefits,
estate planning, and other financial topics to business owners, executives,
benefits professionals, accountants, attorneys, and consumers.
• Speaks at conferences and conclaves, including:
- TechnoLink Conference, 2003-present
- University Distinguished Guest Lecture Series, 2011
- International Forum, 1991-1995, 2001-2002, 2005, 2009
- National Association for Business Economics, Los Angeles Chapter, 2003
- The Roundtable, 1983, 1985, 1991
- Association for Advanced Life Underwriting, 1994-1996, 1997
Check the background of this firm and/or investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck.